Nikolaj Torp Larsen – piano
Tom Herbert – bass
Corrie Dick – drums
Blessing the Vortex for the very first time are the casually ferocious trio of Nikolaj Torp Larsen (The Specials/Jack Savoretti), bassist Tom Herbert (The Invisible/Polar Bear) and drummer Corrie Dick (Dinosaur/Elliot Galvin Trio/Rob Luft/Elina Duni).
Performing their own interpretations of hymns and spirituals from the American, British and Scandinavian songbook, this is a rare opportunity to hear three of London’s most in-demand and creative musicians playing soulful, beautiful and inspiring music in this intimate setting. Expect delicious synth soundscapes, woody grooves and a whole lot of praise.
Instructions for audience members – please read
Welcome back to the Vortex. Please note that we’ve implemented the following changes to our systems to make the club as Covid-safe as we can:
- Please buy tickets in advance as there will be no door sales. There will be twenty tickets only onsale for each gig.
- If you want to sit together as a household/bubble we would ask that one person books all the tickets for the group. If you book separately you may be seated separately.
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms.
- We will ask you on entry to provide contact details for NHS Test and Trace. If possible please bring your own pen to write down the details.
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken at tables ONLY via the Butlr app. We are sorry but for the time being no hot drinks will be available.
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- We are cashless – we accept contactless payments only, and all drinks can only be purchased through the Butlr app
- We ask everyone to observe social distancing at all times. One metre social distancing will operate in the club space, with mitigations as detailed in the risk assessment which is available on the website.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.