BRIDGES is a modern, Norwegian jazz project with a clear vision; a vision to create an expression that is highly unique by constructing new musical bridges between Norway and other parts of the world. The construction of these musical bridges will link different worlds of jazz together and open up the opportunity to explore differences, similarities, and ultimately lead to the creation of a new and unique musical expression. The project is lead by drummer Anders Thorén who is relatively new to the Norwegian jazz scene, and that previously has attained education and experience in Los Angeles. He has studied under masters such as Peter Erskine, Dave Weckl, Ricky Lawson and Joe Porcaro, and has performed live and recorded with grammy-winning (Norway) artists such as Helge
Lien, Petter Wettre, Lars Jansson, Anders Bergcrantz, Tore Johansen, Frode Berg and many more.
The band further consists of saxophonist Seamus Blake (John Scofield, Antonio Sanchez, Mingus Big Band, winner of Theolonius Monk Prize), the incredible British bass player Tim Thornton and top jazz players from Norway: Hayden Powell on trumpet, Espen Berg on piano.
– “A refined set with a graceful polyphonic warmth throughout – The Guardian” (UK)
– “Great playing all around in a warm and varied set –
London Jazz News” (UK)
– 4/5 Stars in Jazz Journal (UK)
– 4/5 Stars in JazzWise (UK)
– 4/5 Stars in UK Vibe (UK)
– “BRIDGES is pretty, mostly cool, and quite concerned with projecting sensitivity” . DownBeat (US)
– “One of the more impressive albums I’ve heard in a long time, and highly recommended. – Peter Erskine (US)