This show has now sold-out.
Vienna born London based alto saxophonist Guido Spannocchi celebrates the release of his most recent album “Perihelion” together with an allstar band consisting of Aleph Aguilar on guitar, Jason Simpson on bass and Tristan Banks on drums. Effortlessly floating between groove, exotica and night club rhythms Guido’s new album is already enjoying significant airplay and gathering raving international reviews.
Guido Spannocchi – Alto Saxophone
Aleph Aguilar – Guitar
Jason Simpson – Bass
Tristan Banks – Drums
Guido Spannocchi has become a fixture on the London scene since his arrival in 2011, he has published several albums which have gained him international reputation and reviews in renowned magazines such as “Straight No Chaser” where Paul Bradshaw says “a look on his homepage is enough to see he is putting in the work and creating a buzz” as well as airplay on BBC Radio 3 JazzNow where Emma Smith mentioned him as “carving his own niche on the forefront of the current wave of new UK Jazz”. His newest album “Perihelion” features a six piece band from the UK and EU and shines through gentle melodies, interwoven arrangements and exquisite interplay.
Aleph Aguilar has worked with greats such as Elton John, Gloria Estefan, Heidi Vogel and ran various successful sessions across town for many years before taking on Westend work and regular tuition, we’re glad to celebrate his comeback on the freelance scene as part of Guido’s electric band.
Jason Simpson, one of London’s most sought after bassplayers, regular sideman of Jessica Lauren and countless others also features on Guido’s sold out debut album “Ahead Only” and has been touring through Europe alongside Guido several times.
Tristan Banks CV is a book to be published, Steve Winwood, Marcus Valle, Roy Ayers, Beverly Knight just to name a few, probably one of the UKs busiest and most versatile drummers who recently also took over The Verdict in Brighton.He is also part of the original line up of musicians on Guido’s “Perihelion” album
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome back to the Vortex. Please note that we’ve implemented the following changes to our systems to make the club as Covid-safe as we can:
- Please buy tickets in advance as there will be no door sales. There will be twenty tickets only on sale for each gig.
- If you want to sit together with other people as a group we would ask that one person books all the tickets for the group, so that we are aware that you want to sit together.
- Up to six people may sit together as a group (unless the group consists of two households only in which case more than six may sit together).
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms.
- We will ask you on entry to sign in for NHS Test and Trace using the NHS Covid app (or, if you do not have a smartphone. we will ask you to sign in manually)
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken and paid for using the Butlr app which you can download on arrival. (If you do not have a smartphone then your order will be taken at the table and you can make a contactless payment. We do not accept cash.)
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- We ask everyone to observe social distancing at all times.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.