Nikki Yeoh – Solo piano concert
Since her emergence on the British jazz scene in the mid 90s pianist Nikki Yeoh has proved to be an improviser, composer and all-round adventurer who has continually sought to broaden her musical horizons.
Tonights Concert features music from Nikki ‘s long awaited debut album ‘Solo Gemini’ tracks inspired by an eclectic mix of influences from Hermeto Pascoal to John Cage.
“Nikki Yeoh is a creative free spirit who, although deeply rooted in the language of improvisation, is open to a range of music that leans as much to populism as it does high art.” – Kevin Le Gendre, BBC Radio 3
“There are no gimmicks or fashionable angles, just a gifted pianist taking a long-postponed journey.” – John Fordham The Guardian
Instructions for audience members – please read
Welcome back to the Vortex. Please note that we’ve implemented the following changes to our systems to make the club as Covid-safe as we can:
- Please buy tickets in advance as there will be no door sales. There will be twenty tickets only onsale for each gig.
- If you want to sit together as a household/bubble we would ask that one person books all the tickets for the group. If you book separately you may be seated separately.
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms.
- We will ask you on entry to provide contact details for NHS Test and Trace. If possible please bring your own pen to write down the details.
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken at tables. We are sorry but for the time being no hot drinks will be available.
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- We are cashless – we accept contactless payments only.
- We ask everyone to observe social distancing at all times. One metre social distancing will operate in the club space, with mitigations as detailed in the risk assessment which is available on the website.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.