Jas Kayser – drums
We are incredibly excited to be restarting jam sessions at the Vortex Jazz Club.
After a long hiatus, you can once again head to Dalston and catch up-and-coming musicians play alongside some of the most innovative improvisers from across the scene.
Starting with a bi-monthly session on Sunday evenings, the jams will be hosted by four of London’s finest: drummer Jas Kayser, pianist Rick Simpson and tenor saxophonists Helena Kay and Riley Stone-Lonergan, each one hosting one session on rotation.
If you’re an instrumentalist – we can’t wait to welcome you back to the club – you can attend for free if you’re planning on playing with the house band. Just fill in this online form.
Our dear Vortex members are also welcome to these sessions free of charge. Just send an email to email@example.com to secure your seat!
COVID INFORMATION FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government has relaxed its Covid restrictions the Vortex continues to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms.
- We also ask audience members to do a lateral flow test on the day of the gig and only attend if it’s negative. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll issue a refund.
- If you would like to sit by friends who have bought separate tickets, please email the club with details and we will make every effort to accommodate.
- We are cashless. We only accept cards for purchases at the bar (except American Express).
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.