Barry Green – piano
Steve Buckley – alto saxophone
Jeff Williams – drums
Exploring originals and standards with a unique group of musicians.
Steve Buckley is one of the great musicians who came to prominence in the Loose Tubes era. Anything he solos on lifts the music to the next level. His projects with Jim Black and Myra Melfeld illustrates his unique voice.
Jeff Williams has played with a mind bogglingly amazing list of musicians like Stan Getz, Dave Liebman, Joe Lovano, John Scofield, Kenny Werner and Richie Beirach. His unique voice also lifts the bandstand.
Bringing them together for this gig is Barry Green. His diverse playing experience with Richie Cole to Chris Cheek and Bill McHenry..from Christine Tobin, Ian Shaw, Claire Martin and Anita Waddell. And his own projects featuring Drew Gress and Tom Rainey..creates a wide ranging musical montage.
COVID INFORMATION FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government has relaxed its Covid restrictions the Vortex continues to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- If you would like to sit by friends who have bought separate tickets, please email the club with details and we will make every effort to accommodate.
- We are cashless. We only accept cards for purchases at the bar (except American Express).
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.