Billy Marrows – guitar
Chris Williams – alto saxophone
Huw V Williams – double bass
Jay Davis – drums
The Billy Marrows Band brings together several of the UK’s most exciting improvisers to explore Billy’s unique contemporary jazz compositions. Expect to hear infectious grooves and melodies, and captivating improvisations, with atmospheres ranging from joyous to reflective. Join the band on this night as they record a live EP ‘Dancing on Bentwood Chairs’.
Billy Marrows is a jazz guitarist and multi-award winning composer. He has recorded with Patchwork Jazz Orchestra, Tom Barford and Sam Newbould amongst others. His work has been described as ‘lovely fun and bright creative writing’ by British jazz legend Stan Sulzmann and he has been listed as ‘one to watch’ in Jazzwise magazine. He has won all three Worshipful Company of Musicians jazz composition/arranging awards (Dankworth Prize for Jazz Composition – small ensemble, big band and Eddie Harvey Arranger of the Year). His band features top musicians on the UK progressive and contemporary jazz scenes who have performed extensively across Europe in projects such as the Alex Hitchcock Quintet and Mercury nominated Led Bib.
COVID INFORMATION FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government has relaxed its Covid restrictions the Vortex continues to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- If you would like to sit by friends who have bought separate tickets, please email the club with details and we will make every effort to accommodate.
- We are cashless. We only accept cards for purchases at the bar (except American Express).
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.