Doors at 10.15pm – performance at 10.45pm
Henry Lowther – trumpet
Pete Hurt – tenor saxophone
Alcyona Mick – piano
Dave Green – double bass
Paul Clarvis – drums
Celebrating his 80th birthday at the Vortex, legendary British trumpet player Henry Lowther presents his band ‘Still Waters’.
Still Waters was born out a long association and friendship, going back forty years, between Henry and bassist Dave Green. They both felt that the time had arrived to play the music of their choice, together with some of the finest jazz musicians working in Britain today. As a result Still Waters is now one of the most accomplished, tightly ensembled and creative bands around. Although a classic quintet of two front line and rhythm, Still Waters plays radical and original music, ranging from gentle, quietly pastoral and melodic music, reflecting the band’s name, through to dynamic, free improvisation.
“Meltingly attractive solos, startling originality.” Chris Parker, Vortex reviews
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government is relaxing its Covid restrictions on July 19th 2021 the Vortex will continue to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- Please buy tickets in advance as there will be no door sales.
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- We will ask you on entry to sign in for NHS Test and Trace either using the NHS Covid app or manually
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken and paid for using the Butlr app which you can download on arrival. (If you do not have a smartphone then your order will be taken at the table and you can make a contactless payment. We do not accept cash.)
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.