Deschanel Gordon – piano
Will Sach – bass
Will Cleasby – drums
Winner of BBC Young Jazz Musician 2020, pianist Deschanel Gordon appears at the Vortex with his trio.
One of the brightest prospects of his generation, Gordon has worked with the likes of Mark Kavuma, Cassie Kinoshi’s SEED Ensemble and US-born singer Judi Jackson.
He has performed at many of London’s best-known jazz venues, including the 606 Club, Ronnie’s Scott’s, the Jazz Café, the Barbican and Cadogan Hall. He also travelled widely, playing at jazz festivals in Europe and the USA, including Moods in Zurich, New York’s Winter Jazz Festival , Jazz TM in Romania and Fasching in Sweden.
“Gordon…delivers a flowingly expansive piano solo…exhibiting a…relaxed fluency”
“the piano man to watch…Deschanel Gordon”
London Jazz News
“Deschanel Gordon…a…player of immense stature with a seemingly unending stream of ideas…simply jaw dropping”
Sussex Jazz Magazine
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government is relaxing its Covid restrictions on July 19th 2021 the Vortex will continue to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- We will ask you on entry to sign in for NHS Test and Trace either using the NHS Covid app or manually
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken and paid for using the Butlr app which you can download on arrival. (If you do not have a smartphone then your order will be taken at the table and you can make a contactless payment. We do not accept cash.)
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.