Dominic Ingham is a violinist, singer and composer who seeks to combine violin techniques from his folk and classical background, in order to create a unique way of playing jazz violin. His compositions are influenced by those of Pat Metheny, Ambrose Akinmusire, Vince Mendoza, as well as classical composers such as Ravel and Debussy. Dominic’s quartet features Jonny Mansfield (2018 Kenny Wheeler Jazz Prize winner) on vibraphone, Will Sach on Bass and Dave Hamblett on drums. They explore new musical spaces through this unusual line up as well as performing “modern day lullabies”.
Dominic has performed in a broad range of musical contexts, most notably with Bonsai (‘one of the most talked about and critically acclaimed young bands on the UK scene’) Jonny Mansfield’s Elftet and Camila Meza’s Nectar Orchestra. Dominic has toured extensively across the UK and Europe in venues such as Ronnie Scotts, Love Supreme, The Royal Albert Hall, EFG London Jazz Festival, The Barbican, Heaven and Band on the Wall. Most recently Dominic was a semifinalist in the Seifert International Jazz Violin Competition, where he performed compositions from his debut album ‘Role Models’ (2020).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government is relaxing its Covid restrictions on July 19th 2021 the Vortex will continue to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- Please buy tickets in advance as there will be no door sales.
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- We will ask you on entry to sign in for NHS Test and Trace either using the NHS Covid app or manually
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken and paid for using the Butlr app which you can download on arrival. (If you do not have a smartphone then your order will be taken at the table and you can make a contactless payment. We do not accept cash.)
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.