Duncan Fraser – Trumpet, flugel
Ronan Perrett – Alto saxophone
Wesley Frankel – Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Clarinet
Sam Sankey – trombone
Rob Brockway – Piano
Huw V Williams – Double bass
Luke Bainbridge – Drum kit
Trumpeter, Composer & Arranger Duncan Fraser brings his Septet back to the Vortex, featuring some acclaimed young players on the London scene.
Performing a repertoire consisting mainly of Fraser’s originals, the music is heavily rooted in the Post Bop sounds frequently heard across both the London and New York Jazz scenes. The ensemble released their first album (Fraser’s 2nd as leader), Soundscapes of Manhattan, in September 2021. The Septet will be performing music from this album as well as other original compositions.
“The compositions are intelligent & the arrangements warm, swinging & colourful. There are some excellent solos, but it’s the cohesion of the septet as a whole that is arguably most impressive.” – The Jazz Mann
Expect strong bass-lines, contemporary grooves and vamp sections voiced and coloured with 4 horns, composed ensemble passages combined with ample space for improvisation and interplay.
COVID INFORMATION FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government has relaxed its Covid restrictions the Vortex continues to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms.
- We also ask audience members to do a lateral flow test on the day of the gig and only attend if it’s negative. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll issue a refund.
- If you would like to sit by friends who have bought separate tickets, please email the club with details and we will make every effort to accommodate.
- We are cashless. We only accept cards for purchases at the bar (except American Express).
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.