Elliot Galvin – Piano
Tom McCredie – Double Bass
Corrie Dick – Drums
The Elliot Galvin trio have been playing together for almost 10 years and in that time have released 4 critically acclaimed albums of original material, being named albums of the year in Downbeat Magazine and Jazzwise, as well as European Young Jazz Musicians of The Year, with the Guardian calling them “A virtuosic, risk embracing one off”.
For the first time the trio will be playing a gig of exclusively jazz standards, providing their unique take on the jazz tradition.
Photo credit: Dave Stapleton
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government is relaxing its Covid restrictions on July 19th 2021 the Vortex will continue to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- We will ask you on entry to sign in for NHS Test and Trace either using the NHS Covid app or manually
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken and paid for using the Butlr app which you can download on arrival. (If you do not have a smartphone then your order will be taken at the table and you can make a contactless payment. We do not accept cash.)
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.