Unfortunately, due to the current circumstances, this show had to be cancelled. We apologise for the inconvenience, all tickets will be refunded for now and we are hoping to reschedule this performance in 2022.
Trevor Watts – Saxophones
Jamie Harris – Percussion
Veryan Weston – Piano, Keyboards
Eternal Triangle play the music of Trevor Watts, compositions originally inspired by rhythmic structures from Africa and South America as well as jazz and European musical forms. The trio is built on two duos: Veryan and Trevor first played together in Trevor’s “Moiré Music” in the early 1980s and since then have had a long collaboration in the ‘Dialogues’ project where their work as open improvisers was explored together for many years worldwide.
The second duo consists of Jamie and Trevor where Jamie was involved in Trevor’s ‘Celebration Band’ in the 2000s and later they were involved in a very successful duo touring worldwide and recording several CDs. The third duo with Veryan and Jamie is yet to be explored!
In July 2021 the three musicians began working together on some beautiful new pieces specifically conceived by Trevor. The development of these compositions, for instance, can happen during rehearsals or during a concert. Any player in the group can discover something new within each piece, and therefore the compositions are ever changing. The strengths of this trio are like the durable and inert strength of a triangle, where each side supports the other – ‘Eternal Triangle’. This is a music with a depth that is both expansive and honest.
COVID INFORMATION FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government has relaxed its Covid restrictions the Vortex continues to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- If you would like to sit by friends who have bought separate tickets, please email the club with details and we will make every effort to accommodate.
- We are cashless. We only accept cards for purchases at the bar (except American Express).
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.