Esben Tjalve – piano
Henrik Jensen – bass
Pete Ibbetson – drums
Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, Iain Ballamy is no longer able to join the trio for this performance.
Double Bass player and composer Henrik Jensen released his third album Affinity on Babel Label in March 2020, a collection of incendiary tracks performed by his quartet Followed By Thirteen.
Their 2016 album Blackwater received a wide range of complimentary accolades from The Guardian, Evening Standard, London Jazz News and various other influential critics. Affinity is a whole new proposition, generating an emphatic, melodic sound and lyrical flow in celebration of the Double Bass.
Building on the work done by other great bass band leaders like Dave Holland, Charles Mingus and Drew Gress. Followed By Thirteen is an ensemble of musicians at the top of their game and who deeply respect each others individual merits and sensitively represent each part.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government is relaxing its Covid restrictions on July 19th 2021 the Vortex will continue to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- We will ask you on entry to sign in for NHS Test and Trace either using the NHS Covid app or manually
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken and paid for using the Butlr app which you can download on arrival. (If you do not have a smartphone then your order will be taken at the table and you can make a contactless payment. We do not accept cash.)
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.