Rich Harrold – piano
Ant Law – guitar
Rich Kass – drums
TRIO HLK IS THE UNION OF THREE DISTINCT, FORWARD THINKING MUSICAL PERSONALITIES.
They are delighted to return to their London home for the first time in a few years. They are performing some new pieces (which, if you’ve ever heard them you’ll know is a big deal due to the sheer detail in the music!).
Drum virtuoso Rich Kass is a powerful, polyrhythmic engine whose multi-limbic facility affords him a wealth of textures and multiple layers of expression; he executes rhythms at more than one tempo simultaneously, which often draws comparison to electronica and computer generated music.
Guitarist Ant Law plays a bespoke extended range electric guitar with 8 strings and a variety of effects; a wealth of influences from jazz, heavy metal and elsewhere shine through in his playing.
Classical pianist and composer Rich Harrold was immersed in contemporary classical music from a young age; his approach encompasses recomposition and decomposition as much as pure composition itself. His harmonic realm is the border between tonality and atonality, and there is a strong sense of rhythmic and melodic development throughout his writing.
A belief in the high art of improvisation and intrigue with the infinite art and science of rhythm is what brings H, L and K together.
COVID INFORMATION FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government has relaxed its Covid restrictions the Vortex continues to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- If you would like to sit by friends who have bought separate tickets, please email the club with details and we will make every effort to accommodate.
- We are cashless. We only accept cards for purchases at the bar (except American Express).
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.