Jean Toussaint – saxophone
Michael Janisch – double bass
Andrew McCormack – piano
Shane Forbes – drums
“I’d like to present a VSOP edition of JT4 (the Jean Toussaint quartet) featuring my very special guest, the record label boss, virtuoso bassist, band leader composer Michael Janisch along with my equally amazing cohorts, the incomparable pianist composer band leader Andrew McCormack and band leader, composer and dynamic drummer Shane Forbes. I’m honoured to be able to lead this fantastic band and present them to you, the fantastic, Vortex audience. Musical fireworks is to be expected. We’ll be playing mostly original compositions with a smattering of choice inventive arrangements of some rare standards. Take it from me, it’s going to be a great night.” Jean Toussaint
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government is relaxing its Covid restrictions on July 19th 2021 the Vortex will continue to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- We will ask you on entry to sign in for NHS Test and Trace either using the NHS Covid app or manually
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken and paid for using the Butlr app which you can download on arrival. (If you do not have a smartphone then your order will be taken at the table and you can make a contactless payment. We do not accept cash.)
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.