Kevin Figes –flutes, saxophones
Brigitte Beraha – vocals
Jim Blomfield – keyboards, electronics
Ashley John Long – bass
Mark Whitlam – percussion
‘A mind-expanding feast for the ears’ …. The Guardian
Kevin Figes is a saxophonist, flautist, composer, arranger, musical director, educator, producer and founder of Pig records. A leading name in the Bristol music scene, has produced many acclaimed recordings over the years. An accomplished composer, his latest recording (‘Wallpaper Music’, recorded January 2021) represents a maturity of voice and attitude.
The music is a unique amalgamation of a wide range of influences, including rock, free jazz, contemporary classical and folk. It oscillates throughout between lyrics and melodies and open improvisation. Music pursuing its own way, pushing against the mainstream or any one genre.
‘Wallpaper Music’ (Pig 11) is launched at the Vortex tonight.
COVID INFORMATION FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government has relaxed its Covid restrictions the Vortex continues to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- If you would like to sit by friends who have bought separate tickets, please email the club with details and we will make every effort to accommodate.
- We are cashless. We only accept cards for purchases at the bar (except American Express).
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.