Phil Robson – Guitar
Ross Stanley – Organ
Gene Calderazzo – Drums
Originally from Derby, Phil is currently based between Ireland and NYC. He is internationally regarded as a versatile and creative player who appears in all kinds of diverse settings. Phil is also a celebrated composer and band leader. He has recorded many solo and co-led CDs for the ground breaking indie labels Babel and Whirlwind Recordings Ltd.
Phil also co leads the cult band Partisans with Julian Siegel featuring Gene Calderazzo – drums & Thad Kelly – bass which has been a major influence on the European “Nu-Jazz” scene.
He is also a long term band member and frequent collaboratoror with Christine Tobin, whose ground breaking approach to singing and songwriting is highly acclaimed.
As a side man he has worked with artists as Barbra Streisand, Kenny Wheeler, Django Bates, Maceo Parker and many, many more.
Phil is a wonderful guitarist and composer, definitely a unique player. We had a ball and hopefully I will be able to play with Phil again. – David Liebman, US sax legend
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government is relaxing its Covid restrictions on July 19th 2021 the Vortex will continue to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- We will ask you on entry to sign in for NHS Test and Trace either using the NHS Covid app or manually
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken and paid for using the Butlr app which you can download on arrival. (If you do not have a smartphone then your order will be taken at the table and you can make a contactless payment. We do not accept cash.)
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.