Robert Castelli – drums
Francesco Lo Castro – guitar
Bruno D’Ambra – Hammond organ
We welcome back Robert Castelli, who will be presenting music from his new release “Party at One World Plaza” with some surprises thrown in.
Featuring Francesco Lo Castro on guitar & Bruno D’Ambra on keyboards, Il Castelli Imbrolio is Jazz at it’s finest. Funky, Jazzy, Swinin’ & Contemporary. Seat belts optional but recommended!
“Party at One World Plaza” has been getting steady airplay in The USA, U.K., Canada, and E.U.
“you feel carried away into the world of Afro-Cuban music, West African rhythms, Jazz/Rock of the 70s and 80s with rhythm par excellence. It is your own fault if you do not move with such a rhythmic design! Castelli is a rhythm machine!” Ferdinand Dupius-Panther, Jazz Halo, Dec 2020
“The drummer’s undoubted ‘way with a groove’ helps to push the soloists to new heights on a set of compositions that stir other elements, notably from Africa and Brazil, into the broadly fusion-esque style. There’s jazz, rock, funk and blues too, and it makes for a fascinating and beguiling mix. A very energising and satisfying listen.” www.thejazzmann.com
“As a drummer, Castelli is dominant while ironically not appearing to dominate the tunes. His drumming fades in and out, and when he comes out from the shadows, you realize you’re listening to a guy who is in the same league as Tony Williams, Billy Cobham, and Art Blakey.” George R Glasser, Jazz Syndicate
”mixes witty melodies with tough swing and nasty funk.” Time Out London
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government is relaxing its Covid restrictions on July 19th 2021 the Vortex will continue to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- We will ask you on entry to sign in for NHS Test and Trace either using the NHS Covid app or manually
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken and paid for using the Butlr app which you can download on arrival. (If you do not have a smartphone then your order will be taken at the table and you can make a contactless payment. We do not accept cash.)
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.