Sultan Stevenson – piano
Jacob Gryn – double bass
Kai MacRae – drums
Sultan is an upcoming young talent, aged only 20. He is joined by his other young and talented partners in crime: Kai MacRae on drums and Jacob Gryn at the bass.
Sultan released his debut single ‘To Be Seen’ in the summer of 2020. This was well received and well-liked among his generation in the UK jazz community. Sultan intends on releasing more work soon which will stand as a clear sign of him flourishing into one of the future stars of jazz in the UK, Europe and internationally. This trio is very capable of ‘lifting the bandstand’
Come out and hear the trio for an evening of mostly original compositions from Sultan.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government is relaxing its Covid restrictions on July 19th 2021 the Vortex will continue to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- We will ask you on entry to sign in for NHS Test and Trace either using the NHS Covid app or manually
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken and paid for using the Butlr app which you can download on arrival. (If you do not have a smartphone then your order will be taken at the table and you can make a contactless payment. We do not accept cash.)
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.