Calum Gourlay’s Big Band may have been inspired by the jazz-club residencies of New York, but it is a love-letter to the London scene.
Bandleader, bassist and Ivors-nominated composer Calum Gourlay brings new music to each show, which is played on the spot by some of the city’s most innovative musicians. An evening with the Big Band is a night of daring improvisation and a celebration of community: it’s what makes live music irreplaceable.
This concert sees them reunite after two years apart, and return to the Vortex, where it began.
COVID INFORMATION FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government has relaxed its Covid restrictions the Vortex continues to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms.
- We also ask audience members to do a lateral flow test on the day of the gig and only attend if it’s negative. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll issue a refund.
- If you would like to sit by friends who have bought separate tickets, please email the club with details and we will make every effort to accommodate.
- We are cashless. We only accept cards for purchases at the bar (except American Express).
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.