Steve Buckley – alto sax
Chris Batchelor – trumpet
Rob Luft – guitar
Tom Herbert – bass
Gene Calderazzo – drums
Zone-B is the exciting new group led by the highly acclaimed frontline combination of Steve Buckley and Chris Batchelor. Their playing partnership has been a long and fruitful one which started even before the formation of the critically acclaimed Loose Tubes in the 1980’s of which they were among the founder members.
They have had several influential albums as co-leaders, including the ground breaking multi-track recording Life As We Know It. The transatlantic group Big Air that they subsequently formed with Myra Melford, Jim Black and Oren Marshall in 2002 received universal critical acclaim and their CD was described as “the best British jazz record for 20 years” by Brian Morton in Jazz Journal.
In Zone-B, Buckley and Batchelor have joined forces with the world class rhythm section of Rob Luft, Tom Herbert and Gene Calderazzo to present fiery and soulful original music inspired by the range and depth of the musical experiences they have enjoyed together.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government is relaxing its Covid restrictions on July 19th 2021 the Vortex will continue to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- We will ask you on entry to sign in for NHS Test and Trace either using the NHS Covid app or manually
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken and paid for using the Butlr app which you can download on arrival. (If you do not have a smartphone then your order will be taken at the table and you can make a contactless payment. We do not accept cash.)
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.