Mopomoso is the U.K.’s longest running concert series dedicated to freely improvised music, it was founded by guitarist John Russell who sadly passed away far too soon earlier this year. Mopomoso is now run by a team of folks John Russell put together.
The Mopomoso team warmly invites some of John’s longer term collaborators – Maggie Nicols, Paul G. Smyth, Pascal Marzan and Dave Tucker – to perform at The Vortex in a Mopomoso concert especially for the London Jazz Festival, A Tribute to John Russell.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government is relaxing its Covid restrictions on July 19th 2021 the Vortex will continue to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- Please buy tickets in advance as there will be no door sales.
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- We will ask you on entry to sign in for NHS Test and Trace either using the NHS Covid app or manually
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken and paid for using the Butlr app which you can download on arrival. (If you do not have a smartphone then your order will be taken at the table and you can make a contactless payment. We do not accept cash.)
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.