Tom Ollendorff – guitar
Will Barry – piano
Mirko Scarcia – bass
Billy Pod – drums
With his debut album ‘Drums to Heal Society’ giving him a prominent position among the new generation of drummers internationally (nominated in the Top 10 new drummers for 2019 by French ‘Batterie’ Magazine), Billy Pod has also demonstrated his compelling skills as composer and music ensemble director. After attaining a well-rounded music education and having at least ten years of continuous international collaborations and performances – he is now based in London ready to record his second album as a leader with his new quartet. A truly dynamic and lyrical set of music featuring a heavy line-up with Tom Ollendorff (guitar), Will Barry (piano), Mirko Scarcia (bass) & Billy Pod (drums).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government is relaxing its Covid restrictions on July 19th 2021 the Vortex will continue to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- We will ask you on entry to sign in for NHS Test and Trace either using the NHS Covid app or manually
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken and paid for using the Butlr app which you can download on arrival. (If you do not have a smartphone then your order will be taken at the table and you can make a contactless payment. We do not accept cash.)
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.