Another chance to hear this exciting blend of music from twenty horns, featuring jazz, African and Latin grooves, under the leadership of saxophonist Ian Bumstead and supported by the phenomenal bass and drums of Alison Rayner and Mark Huggett.
The Big Band is a regular rehearsal group with performances from time to time at the Vortex and The 100 Club
Repertoire includes works by Abdullah Ibrahim, Dudu Pukwana, Kenny Garrett, Carla Bley, Dizzy Gillespie, McCoy Tyner, Fela Kuti, Zakes Nkozi, Herbie Hancock, Thelonious Monk, Jaco Pastorius, Mzwakhe Mbuli and Maceo Parker.
Option to purchase a combined ticket to attend both shows: HERE
COVID INFORMATION FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government has relaxed its Covid restrictions the Vortex continues to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- If you would like to sit by friends who have bought separate tickets, please email the club with details and we will make every effort to accommodate.
- We are cashless. We only accept cards for purchases at the bar (except American Express).
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.