Zoe Francis – vocals
Jim Mullen – guitar
Graham Harvey – piano
Dave Chamberlain – bass
UK vocalist Zoe Francis and multi award-winning guitarist Jim Mullen are delighted to be back at the Vortex alongside Graham Harvey (piano) and Dave Chamberlain (bass).
Zoe started singing while living and working in New York for a while attending the workshops of Dr Barry Harris and sitting in at Greenwich Village venue “Arturos,” with pianist the late Harry Whitaker. Zoe has been singing on the London jazz scene since 2014 and has recorded 3 albums with Jim Mullen. Zoe showcases her beautiful voice and exquisite choice of material from the classic songwriters of the American Songbook era.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government is relaxing its Covid restrictions on July 19th 2021 the Vortex will continue to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- We will ask you on entry to sign in for NHS Test and Trace either using the NHS Covid app or manually
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken and paid for using the Butlr app which you can download on arrival. (If you do not have a smartphone then your order will be taken at the table and you can make a contactless payment. We do not accept cash.)
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.