Mick Foster – Baritone Saxophone, Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone
Dominic Ashworth – Guitar
Tom Farmer – Bass
Tristan Mailliot – Drums
Mick Foster is a saxophonist and composer who is known as one of the UK’s foremost exponents of the baritone saxophone. ‘Live at The Vortex’ is an album of melodic original pieces composed by Mick. It was recorded at The Vortex Jazz Club, London, in 2018 and captures the intimacy and excitement of this venue. Mick plays baritone, alto and soprano saxophones and is joined by the engaging, versatile trio of Dominic Ashworth on guitars, Tom Farmer on bass and Tristan Mailliot on drums.
“Consider this album as a compendium of delights: each player at ease and intent. The Vortex audience clearly loved it all, as did this reviewer. A racing certainty for my ‘Top Ten of 2020’ list.” Peter Vacher, Jazzwise, ****
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government is relaxing its Covid restrictions on July 19th 2021 the Vortex will continue to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- We will ask you on entry to sign in for NHS Test and Trace either using the NHS Covid app or manually
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken and paid for using the Butlr app which you can download on arrival. (If you do not have a smartphone then your order will be taken at the table and you can make a contactless payment. We do not accept cash.)
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.