THIS GIG HAS BEEN CANCELLED
“…It’s a very direct, at times gut-wrenching voice, without any redundant gimmicks or bragging shenanigans.” – Matthias kirsch, ginalovesjazz.com, Berlin
Luca Manning is an individual – an exciting artist with a big voice and a story to tell. After being named ‘Jazz Newcomer of the year’ at the 2020 Parliamentary Jazz Awards, Luca has shown that they are a passionate artist who is committed to pushing boundaries in the jazz idiom and beyond. Luca’s debut album ‘When The Sun Comes Out’ was released in 2019 to much critical acclaim and features long term friends and collaborators : Fergus McCreadie (Piano) and Laura Macdonald (Saxophone). Luca’s recent highlights include being a featured vocalist at this year’s EFG London Jazz Festival opening gala : ‘Jazz Voice’ and being selected to perform at and host the virtual 2020 Scottish Jazz Awards alongside friend and fellow Scottish creative : Suzanne Bonnar.
“This young guy has one of the most beautiful, most honestly delivered voices I’ve heard for a long time” – Ian Shaw
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome back to the Vortex. Please note that we’ve implemented the following changes to our systems to make the club as Covid-safe as we can:
- Please buy tickets in advance as there will be no door sales. There will be twenty tickets only onsale for each gig.
- If you want to sit together as a household/bubble we would ask that one person books all the tickets for the group. If you book separately you may be seated separately.
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms.
- We will ask you on entry to provide contact details for NHS Test and Trace. If possible please bring your own pen to write down the details.
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken at tables. We are sorry but for the time being no hot drinks will be available.
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- We are cashless – we accept contactless payments only.
- We ask everyone to observe social distancing at all times. One metre social distancing will operate in the club space, with mitigations as detailed in the risk assessment which is available on the website.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.