We are grateful for our funding support from:
- The Paul Hamlyn Foundation 2014 – 2015
- Arts Council England: BBC The Space. LIVE Vortex project supported & hosted
- Arts Council England: Grants for the Arts. Support towards V25 – Vortex Outdoors 2012
- London Borough of Hackney. Supporting the Undercurrent Project in 2012 and 2013.
- The Dutch Embassy, London: Support for Might I Suggest 2013
We are privileged to be working in partnership with:
- Hackney Cooperative Developments – Partner for Gillett Squared Project
- Resonance fm: Radio partner
For many years a music producer for BBC Radio – in particular Radios 3 and 4. Jazz sessions, festival recordings and concerts from the Barbican and South bank. Documentaries on Miles Davis, George Russell, Shostakovich, Billy Mayerl, Little Tich (music hall), Kiri te Kanawa, Andre Previn- Many classical music programmes. Now does publicity and production photographs for a couple of fringe theatres. The rest of the time, looks after grandchildren.
Jeremy has been a volunteer at the Vortex since 2008 and is one of the team of night managers. Loves jazz in all its forms from straight ahead to free improv. Amateur saxophonist. Hackney resident for over 30 years. Works as a senior lawyer for Hackney Council.
David opened the original Vortex in Stoke Newington Church Street as an art gallery and cafe. He now runs the Harbour Cafe in Margate and can be found at the Vortex most Friday and Saturday nights.
Semi-retired airport systems consultant. A lifelong jazz fan, Tim has been involved with the Vortex since the ‘Save the Vortex Campaign’ which he set up with his wife Kathy. Tim is now the Chair, Secretary and Treasurer of the club. He is also a Trustee of the Foundation.
Business owner of Babelcentric which runs the Downstairs cafe. He also runs The Babel Label, which features many of the musicians who play at the Vortex.