With the London area moving into Tier 3 from Wednesday 16th December, we unfortunately have to close our doors to audience members again. All ticket holders for this weekend gigs will receive a refund via Ticketweb shortly. We’ll do our best to reschedule these performances whenever possible so please stay in touch by subscribing to our newsletter or follow us on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram!
Jas Kayser – Drums
Daisy George – Bass
Jamie Leeming – Guitar
Ava Joseph – Vocals
Jas Kayser is 24-year-old drummer, composer, band leader and Paiste Cymbals and Natal Drums artist from the UK currently based between London and Panama City.
Jas’s most recent release is her sultry new Debut EP Unforced Rhythm of Grace, available now on all platforms. This release has gained attention and support from London’s impressive jazz scene such as Jamie Cullum, BBC 3, Jazz FM and Jazzwise.
Jas completed her undergraduate and masters degrees at Berklee College of Music whilst studying and playing alongside mentors such as Terri Lyne Carrington, Danilo Perez, Ralph Peterson and Neal Smith. During this time Jas began to explore the common grounds between Jazz and Afro-beat which led to her creating her original sound and compositions.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome back to the Vortex. Please note that we’ve implemented the following changes to our systems to make the club as Covid-safe as we can:
- Please buy tickets in advance as there will be no door sales. There will be twenty tickets only onsale for each gig.
- If you want to sit together as a household/bubble we would ask that one person books all the tickets for the group. If you book separately you may be seated separately.
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms.
- We will ask you on entry to provide contact details for NHS Test and Trace. If possible please bring your own pen to write down the details.
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken at tables. We are sorry but for the time being no hot drinks will be available.
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- We are cashless – we accept contactless payments only.
- We ask everyone to observe social distancing at all times. One metre social distancing will operate in the club space, with mitigations as detailed in the risk assessment which is available on the website.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.