Straight from being nominated for Lockdown innovation award at this year’s parliamentary jazz awards, Liam Noble brings his live stream solo shows to the Vortex. Songs drawn from the eighties, the Fitzwilliam Virginal Book and random trawls through streaming services.
He has performed and recorded with Stan Sulzmann, Anita Wardell, John Stevens and Harry Beckett, Phil Robson with the New York rhythm section of Drew Gress and Tom Rainey on bass and drums. “Sleepthief” a free improv trio with Tom Rainey and Ingrid Laubrock. Other frequent collaborators have included Christine Tobin, Paul Clarvis and Julian Siegel. His growing reputation as a free improviser has also resulted in recent performances with Mary Halverson, Marc Ducret, Mat Maneri, Evan Parker, Okkyung Lee and Peter Evans.
“Liam Noble, a musician who just keeps getting better” The Guardian
“a brilliant pianist” John Fordham, The Guardian
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government is relaxing its Covid restrictions on July 19th 2021 the Vortex will continue to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- Please buy tickets in advance as there will be no door sales.
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- We will ask you on entry to sign in for NHS Test and Trace either using the NHS Covid app or manually
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken and paid for using the Butlr app which you can download on arrival. (If you do not have a smartphone then your order will be taken at the table and you can make a contactless payment. We do not accept cash.)
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.