Tineke Postma - alto and soprano sax
Ralph Alessi – trumpet
Kris Davis – piano
Matthew Brewer - double bass and electric bass
Dan Weiss – drums
Freya is the seventh album from Dutch saxophonist Tineke Postma. Her first since 2014, Freya is a come-back album as a leader. Following an acclaimed international career, including work with legends Herbie Hancock and Wayne Shorter, Tineke’s Freya represents a fresh start with a new label, reinvigorated energy and an exciting band that is collectively inspired by the experiences she has gathered throughout her career.
Together with trumpeter Ralph Alessi, bassist Matt Brewer, drummer Dan Weiss and featuring pianist Kris Davis, Tineke makes music that is adventurous, empowering and full of risk-taking.
“The album Freya is a tribute to creation in all its facets. In Norse and Frisian mythology, Freya is a goddess of creation, love and fertility. She’s the mother of all Frisian children – I was born and raised in Friesland, a beautiful region in the north Netherlands. Throughout this album I want to celebrate my new life as a mother which has been a profound and enriching experience“
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government is relaxing its Covid restrictions on July 19th 2021 the Vortex will continue to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll give you a voucher for another gig.
- We will ask you on entry to sign in for NHS Test and Trace either using the NHS Covid app or manually
- There will be no standing at gigs. Everyone who books a ticket will be allocated a seat, but we cannot guarantee that you will have a table.
- Orders for drinks and snacks will be taken and paid for using the Butlr app which you can download on arrival. (If you do not have a smartphone then your order will be taken at the table and you can make a contactless payment. We do not accept cash.)
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building and we encourage regular use of hand sanitiser.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.