Brigitte Beraha – Voice & Electronics
Chris Dowding – Trumpet & Loops
Dave O’ Brien – Piano / Keys
ALATI are a trio led by Norwich-based trumpeter Chris Dowding, with the wonderful vocalist Brigitte Beraha and versatile pianist / keyboardist Dave O’ Brien.
They perform settings of various poets, including acoustic settings of Alice Oswald and Colin Simms, and electronic settings of poems by Andrew McMillan. They have performed around the UK, including several times at ClerkenwellARTSlab.
Tonight they will be performing a new collection of settings of poems about the gyrfalcon and goshawk by Colin Simms, exploring a world of loops, electric keyboard and lyrical melodies.
Individually, they have performed with trombonist Annie Whitehead and Babelfish, as well as their own projects such as Dave O’ Brien’s Porpoise Corpus.
COVID INFORMATION FOR AUDIENCE MEMBERS – PLEASE READ
Welcome to the Vortex. Although the government has relaxed its Covid restrictions the Vortex continues to operate measures to protect users of the premises.
Please note the following:
- We ask you not to attend gigs if you have or think you may have any Covid-19 symptoms.
- We also ask audience members to do a lateral flow test on the day of the gig and only attend if it’s negative. If you can’t make a gig because you have to self-isolate then just get in touch by filling out this form and we’ll issue a refund.
- If you would like to sit by friends who have bought separate tickets, please email the club with details and we will make every effort to accommodate.
- We are cashless. We only accept cards for purchases at the bar (except American Express).
- We ask that everyone wears a mask when moving around inside the building.
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations are provided at various places within the building.
- Full details of the measures that we are taking to prevent transmission of Covid are set out in our risk assessment and management plan which can be found on our website.